Velvet and leather are beloved materials this season, but now they get hit by another naughty one – vinyl!
It is actually part of the leather-trend-gang, because you can either have patent leather or vinyl. So you might know it already…
my shoe of the SEASON this time is a VINYL OVERKNEE with suede!
Why is it the „shoe of the season“?
To choose this season’s shoe of the month, hasn’t been a tough question at all. I crowned this pretty pair of seduction, because:
- Overknees are the trending shoes of the moment & further very cozy, because they are like a second skin (which is always great in winter).
- So the trending shoes right now are overknees. The trendiest version of it is with vinyl. And you are trending as f***, if you wear overknees in vinyl in RED. But I live in Tyrol, so I skipped the red part. People already struggle with those beauties, because they are really controversial. #countrysideproblems
- Black is ALWAYS a Go. #permatrend
- Part of the shoe is made of suede, which is sort of leather and leather is trend material this winter.
- It has a very functional sole, which makes it easy to walk even in snow (!).
- It just looks hot. (This is such an obvious point, why didn’t I put it at first? lol)
- It combines three trends: Overknee, Suede & Vinyl.
- You have legs for ages (when wearing overknees with heel! Flats are a tricky thing.).
If you have any more reasons, just tell me! 😉
My outfit with vinyl overknees for a fashion show
The outfit, you see, is styled for a fashion show, which I attended later that day, so please don’t think, I am dressing up in the cold like this for hiking or something familiar.
I styled the overknees with tights (for sure! It is winter), a
with ruffled shoulder endings
and sequin embroidery on the front side,
a black (also shoulder-ruffled) blazer, a black choker and a black clutch from Victoria’s Secret.
All black from the back!
From the back the whole look is black. The embroidered sequin elements at the front are eyecatching enough, so I kept the rest simple.
Details: sequin & embroidery
How do you like the „shoe of the season“?
Would you wear them?
Love the outfit as well?
Leave some love!